Sunday, December 15, 2013

A Cozy & Kissy Xmas Party


My favorite part of the holidays (besides family, boot-weather, and Christmas trees) are of course the parties! I was fortunate enough to be invited to a friend's holiday ornament exchange party last night. It was a kick-back house party so I didn't go all glam-o-rama, although I definitely could have. Everyone else ended up wearing sparkles! Sparkles, for a holiday party - I should have known....  But I am always cold and its freakin' cold outside so I just wanted to be cozy! I decided on a purple turtleneck and leggings combo with my fuzzy cream extra long vest and vintage suede boots topped with some shiny larger than life glam earrings. Add in some lose curls and that's holiday party enough for me!

Arriving in comfy style we were greeted by an adorable, chubby, snow flocked Christmas tree (with extra glitter)! The thing was packed with cutesy ornaments and topped with a crown. Definitely my type of Christmas tree! :) The host has the cutest house ever! Everything looks like its straight out of Pinterest! Girls got style.

She also has the cutest little side room that is now a dedicated photo booth! A bunch of props were laid out for us to use - beards, hats, antlers, lips, bows and stunner shades! SO CUTE! We all put on tons of props and went crazy making social media moments- a little TOO many. You can see gangsta-santa-Sab on my Facebook page. Haha.

We had a blast drinking, eating and chatting. We drank this pretty refreshing cocktail that tasted like red licorice. I can't find it online but its just Marshmellow vodka and pineapple juice! She also made these amazing fig jam and cream cheese bread thingys, a lasagna and served an amazing salad! OMG it was too good! And of course there were Christmas cookies, and cupcakes for desert! YUM!

After a few too many cocktails the ornament exchange ended up just being a "take an ornament and if you don't like it swap with someone else" kinda thing but I ended up getting the perfect addition for my pink tree, a multicolored pinata! All in all it was a great night!

Hope you all get to experience a fun holiday party this year and if not there is always New Years!



Feliz Navidad,

<3 Sab

No comments:

Post a Comment