Monday, December 30, 2013

5 Goals for 2014!


2013 was not too shabby. I experienced joy, sadness, love, loneliness, accomplishment, and times where I felt I could have done better. Great memories were made with friends both new and old. I moved back to the beautiful Bay Area, am closer to family, and I even started writing this blog!

So 2014 is awaiting full of greatness for me. I can feel it. Things are only going to get better. Another year older another year wiser.

These are my goals for 2014:

1. Get Organized!! I used to be Mrs. Post-its, highlighters and planners then somewhere along the line (college and afterwards) that all dropped off and I became a little scattered. The truth is I love organization. I love color-coding, labeling, creating a space for everything and of course coordinating it all so there is a cohesive design, but for some reason I stopped doing it. So this year I am getting back on the organization band wagon. My room, my wardrobe, car, and life in general will be getting it together! I also will be using these helpful tips from this article 26 Resolutions to Keep you Organized in 2014 on Buzzfeed. Organization not perfection. I like a little disheveledness in my world. ;)





2. Live every day to be Inspired, Motivated, Loved, Impactful, Abundant and Free. Thanks to my girl Danielle LaPorte for giving me a new way to look at my goals, and how I live my day to day life. Danielle is the author of an amazing goal setting book called the Firestarter Sessions: A Soulful + Practical Guide to Creating Success on Your Own Terms. It is a refreshing no holds bar look at wanting what you want and going after it. She says "Getting clear on how you want to feel in your life + work is more important than setting goals. It’s the most potent form of clarity that you can have, and it’s what leads to true fulfillment." I believe this statement to be true. How can you get clear on what you want if you don't focus on how it's going to make you feel? With Danielle's book as a guide I did some exercises to find out how I really want to feel and those five feelings: Inspired, Motivated, Loved, Impactful, Abundant and Free, are what I aim for everyday. These specific feelings bring joy to my day and make me my best self. Check out her book, its a refreshing in your face read.





3. Travel. I was fortunate enough to do some little trips this year but in 2014 I want to visit my friends more! For some reason I have developed a little fear of flying long distances. Don't know why but I need to suck it up! Everyone is in a different place and sometimes life gets in the way but I really want to make an effort to go visit the people I love. My uncle lives in Texas and I need to make a trip out to see him too! I also want to go meet my half sister for the first time this year in Tennessee! Really the East Coast (still have never been to NYC)  and the South ( New'ohhhlins) are calling my name this year, and as for International travel a trip to Italy or Ireland would never hurt!





4. Fall In Love. New guy (the love of my life perhaps), new city, new friend, new favorite ice-cream, new decor, or a new perspective - whatever the case I want to fall for it. Completely head over heels, openhearted, vulnerable to a fault LOVE. As another year passes there is more heart-break, more violence in the media, more disappointment. Sometimes we need to take a fresh new look at the world. There is still a LOT of good in it. I want that little- kid anything-is-possible-and-everything-is-great feeling again. I want to be Ariel when she sees a fork for the first time. "Look at this thing! Isn't is great!?" Could you imagine being THAT excited to see a fork? Yeah- exactly. We need more of that.





5. Healthy Mind, Body & Soul. Clear skin, shiny hair, good sleep, flexible bod, strong arms, happy heart, light & energized, and healthy diet. Mom and I are already starting to eat clean by getting plenty of fruits, veggies, drinking lots of water and kicking the boxed and high sugar foods. We definitely are going to watch what we put into our bodies but wine will always be there, lets just be honest.




Cheers to reaching your goals and having a prosperous 2014!


Getting the champagne ready,


<3 Sab










No comments:

Post a Comment