Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Uping My Game in Bed

Not THAT game you sicko. I'm talking about my sleepwear!

I woke up yesterday in my outfit of choice for the evening; bright blue leggings and an over-sized white (well, used to be white) T-shirt that I got when I went to my family's reunion about,  hmmm ...six years ago.

Looking down at this sad ensemble I thought to myself...When did your choice of nightwear become so hum-drum and uninspiring!? Why do you have a sad pile of old band shirts, tiny, faded, spaghetti-strap tank tops, and old pajama pants that have lost their drawstrings? When did you start accepting these low standards for sleepwear!?

Well, the answer to that question is that somewhere along the line I developed a bad habit of keeping cloths that had seen their days and were no longer wearable in public. They either no longer fit me, had a stain or a rip but,  instead of getting rid of them (like a sane person) I saved them and accepted them as something I can wear to bed. I did this for two reasons. 1) Due to my tiny stature and the fact that I don't really grow anymore there are a lot of pieces that I bought to wear in high school that I have held onto because they technically still fit me and 2)Why would I get rid of something that I already have - even if its a scrap that is falling apart- just to go out and spend money on more stuff? (In case you didn't know - I'm frugal.)

I tell myself You just sleep in them Sabrina. No big deal. Nobody even sees these hideous pieces that you wear.

Yes, it is just cloths to sleep in. I'm just laying in a bed for 8-10 hours and any old shirt will do but what happened to the days of women wearing beautiful nightgowns, looking and feeling just as good when they sleep as they do when they dress for broad daylight?



    I long for a gown. A sexy black robe. Soft fabrics. Matching PJ's. Silky chemises! Oh the possibilities.




 I would like to wake up in the morning looking like I just stepped out of Vogue; sipping my coffee while wrapped in a black lace chemise and a peignoir. Or, jump out of bed feeling like a Victoria Secret Super Model in my comfy, yet perfectly tailored to a women's figure, pajama pants! Is this too much to ask for? I think not.

We women need to take a stand for sexy sleepwear! Whatever "sexy" means to you. We deserve to feel sexy, even when we're dreaming. I'm on a mission for a complete new sleep wardrobe and I'm starting with these inspiring pieces:





 







Burning the scraps,

<3 Sab





No comments:

Post a Comment