Wednesday, November 27, 2013

People Doing Good in the World: Local Woman Creating a Yummy Thanksgiving Dinner for Many


"I love the friendship -- the fellowship of watching the community come together," she said. "It's what I live for."- Lurline Moore

For thirty-one years Livermore resident Lurline Moore and her husband have created a huge community thanksgiving feast for anyone who doesn't have a place to go on Thanksgiving. What started as an idea to feed the community's poor turned into a big family dinner for veterans, seniors, the homeless and anyone who wants to attend. This event requires hundreds of volunteers, 1000 pounds of turkey and local restaurants donate whatever they can to make this dinner happen each year.

I do not know how I have lived here my entire life and have never known about this. What an incredible way to come together! I need to volunteer next year.

You go Lurline & Crew!

Read the entire article on how this wonderful event comes together here.


Spread a little love.


<3 Sab







No comments:

Post a Comment