Monday, February 10, 2014

A Clash of Decades




(A new meaning to "be" the fence. So white but I love it)



(Can't keep a straight face like ever)



Outfit Anatomy
Dress: Thrifted Vintage
Belt: Gifted from Grandma
Leggings: Gifted
Boots: Gifted from Mom, Aldo

I am absolutely obsessed with black and white anything. I don't know why but most of the time it's the clearer option for me and is a lot easier to accessorize. A black and white outfit also tends to compliment my hair when it decides to shows its red side- rawrr. I nabbed this little checkered number at a thrift store in San Diego. Hello 90's - my fav! While I adore its boxy feel this teeny lady's body needs to look proportioned! I'm all for the "over-sized" look and to be honest I've been wearing it most of my life considering nothing ever fits (even my first baby outfit from the hospital was three sizes to big for a peanut like me), but a good belt is perfect for bringing an outfit together and defining the waist. My grandmother just recently gave me "her favorite belt" which now of course is my favorite belt. This amazing silver sand dollar belt is probably from the late 70's early 80's (grandma didn't say) and is the perfect compliment to this little 90's dress. One of my favorite things to do is to clash decades or pair something vintage with something ultra modern for a new twist on an everyday look. I was going for a more casual look so I added my clunky boots but this outfit could be kicked up a notch with some fun printed kitten heels and maybe some colorful tights! What are your favorite decades to clash?

Forever a 90's kid,

<3 Sab

No comments:

Post a Comment